Community Within Communities: Our Voices to be Heard will engage, involve and celebrate Sefton’s people and places.
This project is funded by the National Lottery Heritage Fund and will engage volunteers and community groups across the borough in a range of heritage activities throughout 2022.
Our aims are to identify and explain Sefton’s heritage, involve a wide range of people in heritage activities and help develop heritage skills for the future. These aims will be achieved through the preparation and delivery of a Historic Townships exhibition and a small community grants programme that will be launched in early 2022.
Research for the Historic Townships will focus on:
- Southport including the wider area of Churchtown, Crossens, Birkdale and Ainsdale
- Formby including the wider area of Freshfield and Altcar
- Crosby including the wider area of Hightown, Ince Blundell, Little Crosby, Great Crosby and Thornton
- Waterloo including the wider area of Seaforth
- Litherland including the wider area of Ford
- Bootle including the wider area of Orrell
- Maghull including the wider area of Lydiate
- Aintree including the wider area of Melling and Old Roan
- Netherton including the wider area of Sefton Village, Lunt and Homer Green
Get involved and download our activity sheets below;
Please send us your contributions for our Historic Townships exhibition. You can submit them via our online form here – www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/HeritageSubmission or alternatively you can download and complete a hard copy of the submission form here.
For more information regarding your involvement please view and download our Participant Information document.
The programme of events for this project will help to promote Sefton’s rich and diverse heritage and, in doing so, provide a springboard for future community development.
Heritage Development Officer