UK Shared Prosperity Fund: Workshops this June
At the recent VS6 “UK Shared Prosperity Fund: Making the case for Liverpool City Region’s VCFSE Sector” event, the VS6 partnership shared with attendees our plans for ensuring that the VCFSE sector in LCR is engaged within the UK-SPF planning both at a regional and borough level.
At this event, our Combined Authority colleagues presented the current planning and work happening to prepare an LCR Local Investment Plan submission for the UK-SPF, including the development of a Local Partnership Group. The Local Partnership Group (LPG) will consist of representatives from across the City Region from various sectors and organisations to consult on the UK-SPF investment plan. Representatives currently sat on the LPG include Local Authority reps, public health reps, Chamber of Commerce reps (from each borough), Further and Higher Education reps, Local Enterprise Partnership and many more.
We are pleased to state that alongside Dr Ellen Loudon, the identified representative for the LCR VCFSE sector (and VS6 Chair), that we have been able to secure representation on the LPG from each borough’s CVS. In summary, VCFSE representation on the LCR CA’s UK-SPF Local Partnership Group includes:
- Rev Canon Dr Ellen Loudon, VS6 Chair and Diocese of Liverpool
- · Angela White, Sefton CVS – email@example.com
- · Clare White, Liverpool CVS – firstname.lastname@example.org
- · Zel Rodgers, Community Action Wirral – email@example.com
- · Sally Yeoman, Halton & St Helens VCA – firstname.lastname@example.org
- · Racheal Jones, One Knowsley – email@example.com
- · James Green, Together Liverpool – firstname.lastname@example.org
Our VCFSE representatives attended the first meeting of the Local Partnership Group on Monday 13th June and provided insights and input on behalf of the VCFSE sector on the draft Investment Plan and indicative allocations.
To engage with this agenda, please contact your local CVS as stated above. Additionally, the LCR CA has arranged three workshops focused on the three priorities within the UK-SPF Investment Plan, the details of which are below:
- People and Skills: 20th June – 2pm-3pm (register here)
- Supporting Local Business: 21st June – 9am-10am (register here)
- Communities and Place: 23rd June – 2pm-3pm (register here)
These workshops are open to all, so please do get involved to find out more and help shape the UK-SPF Investment Plan for a strong VCFSE sector.
For further information, please find links below to recent presentations from VS6 and the Combined Authority: